Saturday, June 13, 2009

Green Art

I have been thinking about environmental impact an artist has and what a proper disposal of art supplies should be.

I really love painting with oils. However, oil painting is out of question for me right now because of my young children, and lack of space to make a separate and isolated art studio from the rest of the house. I painted my last oil painting about a year and a half ago because i did not want to leave solvents and oils laying around where kids may get to them. I settled on acrylics as the least offensive art medium to the environment and my children (and myself). I also started painting with soft pastels only outdoors to avoid having pigment particles everywhere in the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails