Thursday, May 6, 2010

Palette knife paintings

I am really excited that I have joined paletteknifepainters.blogspot.com blog. Seeing other artists' work has made me think about my techniques/ I really do not have a technique - i tend to use palette knives and add details with brushes. In my new paintings I am trying to avoid using brushes for final touches and want to paint exclusively with palette knives. To help myself - I purchased Dick Blick  knife set for fine detail work and am testing them tonight!

In the past I have used plastic knives, fingers and even butter knives to paint with. One really does not need to use expensive tools to create a beautiful painting. But I must admit I am already loving these knives....

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails