Saturday, June 12, 2010

Food

I am starting a series of paintings about food. In our busy lives we often overlook the importance of eating healthy. Even though my schedule has been crazy busy I try to cook from scratch as much as possible. We buy locally produced food and organic food as much as we can. We also try to avoid pre-made and processed foods. We also rarely go out to eat. Restaurant food tastes too salty and greasy to me now.

Living pesticide and herbicide free is our family's goal. It is not an easy goal to achieve - simply because you cannot control what your neighbors do with their yards and what chemicals sneak in from their lawns into your  own air and ground space, what your kids will eat at their friends' homes etc. I do try and keep chemicals away from our home. I use biodegradable detergents as well.

Trying to keep it simple....

From Natasa's Art

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails