Sunday, November 21, 2010

Simple life, Aspen gold metallic texture acrylic painting

I am preparing for the show in December and this is one of the bigger paintings I will bring to the show.  - the painting is 3X4 ft! 
I love painting aspens. I focus on the tree trunks and make the background more abstract. There is a lot of texture in my paintings - but in aspen paintings there seems to be even more texture. 

"Burst of Color"

I dislike clutter, in my surroundings and in my life. This year has been all about simplifying and reducing the clutter. We are pretty much done renovating our old home and it is a wonderful and warm place to live. I love the craftsmanship and quality of work done on the wood details. The stairs and floors are amazing. You cannot find planks that long today! Sure - there are no right angles in our home anywhere :) but it has warmth and beauty one cannot find in most contemporary built homes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails