Tuesday, November 25, 2014

The Spirit Island, large triptych 6x6 ft, 72inx72in

This triptych is mostly done! I am going to do a few more fine details. I have been working on it for a while now and it is a challenge to squeeze painting during daylight hours, as I am doing a lot of other things during the day.

Each canvas is 24x72 inches making the triptych 6x6 ft! The painting is taller than me and so much detail from the clouds, to mountains and tree to all the reflections in the water. It is quite a challenge.

When I visited the Maligne Lake the first time, I was amazed at the beauty of nature there and how blue the lake was. It has a beautiful, teal blue shade of glacial water runoff. It was very quiet at the Spirit Island. We kayaked around the lake, but with little kids it was not possible to try and attempt kayaking all the way to the Spirit Island. The winds were strong, I had a bit of trouble coming back to the shore going against it! It was a wonderful day, sunny, but we were quickly reminded how the weather can change quickly and become dangerous in the mountains.
We decided to take the boat ride to Spirit Island instead, and loved it! It is a peaceful and lovely spot to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails