Wednesday, December 31, 2014

30 paintings in 30 days challenge - Bosnia and Hercegovina by Natasa Vretenar

I started 2014 with a 30 in 30 days painting challenge and it was really fun to do it. I decided to do it again. To register for the challenge you can go to Leslie Saeta Blog.

This year my theme will be "Things about Bosnia and Hercegovina (BiH from now on)". I was born and raised in Sarajevo, and lived there for the first 17 years of my life. I am not sure what these things will be yet, although I have a few in my mind already. Each one of the paintings will be somehow related to BiH, and each painting will be small format (smaller than 12x12"), unless I get superpowers and finish a few big canvases too. For daily paintings I try and keep things simple and small though, so I can finish each painting every day. 

Please join me on this little painting journey to a beautiful place where I grew up. It should be an interesting experience.

photo from http://www.nfilipovic.com/photography/mountains-and-nature/014-lika-2008

2 comments:

  1. Natasa-

    So do you have a "direction" in mind? Will the paintings be of the natural beauty of your homeland? The experiences there? Will there be some attempt at catharsis with the turmoil and tragedies of the war? All of this, none of this, or will you let these things determine themselves as the 30days unfolds?

    Eager to see them!

    -Tim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since they are small paintings, it will probably be snippets of all of the above, except for the war. I want to do it as a mental exercise to go back into that first chapter of my life, carefree, fun, beautiful nature, medieval history etc.

    ReplyDelete

AddThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails