Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Day 28, 30 in 30 days, Pigeon by Natasa Vretenar

A lot of people I met over the years have no idea where Bosnia is. Those who have heard of the place, want to immediately talk about the war. Of course, they are experts on war too.

For me, BiH was a place of a magnificent natural beauty, with lots of untouched forests, mountain tops with amazing vistas, meadows filled with flowers, place where horses, wolves, bears, cougars, lynx roam free. A place where I happily roamed for the 17 years of my life.

For this painting, I return to my brighter palette - I really tried to tone things down in the last few paintings. Not for this one though :)
Bascarsija is the old town Sarajevo and there are tons of pigeons hanging out on the main plaza.
Pigeons always remind me of Sarajevo and feeding them when I was a child.





A dove flew off one day from Bascarsija, on a trip around the world... Never to return back...

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails