Sunday, March 22, 2015

Polymer clay Natasa Vretenar

I bought a pasta machine and a bunch of white polymer clay to play with. I also got a toaster oven just to bake the polymer clay in and I am so glad I did that!
It turns out it is a great project for kids as well and we made a ton of little shapes and baked them. They clay burned in the oven and it took some time to figure out the right temperature and the right time it needs to bake. For our oven we needed to reduce the time from recommended 15 minutes to about 7-10 depending on the thickness of the clay.

Now I have a bunch of little shapes I can use in my new paintings.

The first experiment is with my bear painting - i am using little polymer clay stars in the background. Awesome thing is that polymer clay is basically just plastic and can be added to acrylic painting, glued on with acrylic gel and can also be painted over with acrylic paint.

I am having a lot of fun doing my bear paintings - I will share some pictures soon!

In the mean time here is a picture of a beautiful sunrise in Edmonton.


No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails