Sunday, June 21, 2015

Art in Park(Allen) , Natasa Vretenar


Yesterday was a busy day for me and my wonderful husband who helped me setup and take down my booth at the Art in Park event. There were many artists there (more than 100), and I got to walk around and check everyone's art and meet a few artists that I have been following on the FB but did not have a chance to meet in person yet :). It is really nice to get to know someone in real life after finding them online and admiring their art, and then see their art in real life. Art always looks better in real life!

So, I woke up early, had some usual Turkish coffee and started loading stuff in the van. I am happy to say that everything fit in the vehicle. 15 grid walls, 6 ft foldable table, tent canopy, table cloths, about 80 paintings (mostly smaller format, but a few big ones too). It took 2 of us about 1 hr to set up everything and tie all the grids together. Then I arranged the paintings - I brought mostly floral paintings, and some birds.

Here is my setup:



The weather was perfect for most of the day, except towards the end of the show - there was some rain and wind and we packed up a bit earlier than planned.  I came well prepared, with a hat and sunglasses, and sunscreen, as well as a jacket - Alberta weather can change quickly.

My tent was right in front of the hill on which the stage was set, so I got to enjoy the music from the front row seat :). The festival was on a closed off street - only pedestrians allowed and well organized. Many thanks to Pardee who organized the show - it is a lot of work to organize an event like this. Artists in Edmonton do need more opportunities to show their work in public, and it is great to have an opportunity to participate in a free event. A lot of people stopped by the tent, asked questions about my art, got my cards and brochures. I did not sell anything, but I got some good feedback, met interesting people and fellow artists. It was a really fun day and well worth the effort.

Every show I participate in, helps me hone in my art, rethink the path I am taking on my art journey.



No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails