Thursday, December 31, 2015

Corvids

I woke up early and could not go back to sleep. We had a beautiful sunrise on this crisp winter morning. It is the last day of 2015, and it is quiet here at home while I type. I enjoy these rare quiet moments when everyone is asleep and I drink my turkish coffee while looking at the mix of bright purple, orange and yellow colours in the sky.

I have been living in Canada for 3.5 years - the time has really flown by. We embraced the winter and stay active every day. We met many wonderful people and made a few friends. Edmonton feels like home.

I have good feelings about creating art in the next year. I devote more of my time to art every year, and my cozy studio has provided a refuge to create in solitude. I took a long and honest look at my paintings and realized that this is just the tip of the iceberg. I have so many ideas I cannot wait to put on canvas! The first thing I am doing (starting tomorrow) is painting 30 small works in 30 days in January! This will be the third year I am doing it - I love that Leslie Saeta is doing it again. She has been an inspiration for me for many years, and her show and tips have helped me grow as an artist. My theme for January 2016 challenge is corvids. I have been sketching them for years (crows, ravens, magpies) and can't wait to actually paint a few more of them!


Here is one of the older paintings - "Legend" 12x12".

2 comments:

AddThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails