Sunday, January 1, 2017

#1 "Dam It" - Canada 150 paintings by Natasa Vretenar

It is a very special year because it marks the 150th anniversary of Canada. In honour of Canada, I decided to paint 150 paintings inspired by Canada landscapes and animals and all things Canadian!

As I have been doing for the past few years, I am starting the year with 30 small paintings in 30 days. I thank Leslie Saeta of https://www.saetastudio.com/ for encouraging thousands of artists throughout the world with her challenges - this effort really helps me be a better artist, and I enjoy the excitement of preparing for it and making the paintings!

These 30 paintings will focus on animals that call Canada home and will all be completed by the end of January! I hope that I will be able to paint one painting a day throughout the month. Sometimes, I have to paint a few paintings in one day if life interferes and I cannot finish a painting on each day. The key is to keep the paintings small and keep focus on a theme. So, here is the first animal - Canada/s national animal.

"Dam It!"


11" diameter .75" thick birch plywood substrate, acrylic paint.
I am so excited about this project. As you can tell, I am going to keep it fun and cheerful!
This challenge is  a part of a bigger project - Canada 150. I plan on painting 150 paintings inspired by Canada this year, and each painting will be $150 and available for purchase.

https://squareup.com/store/natasa-vretenars-fine-art/item/canada

I am posting all my 150 paintings on a separate blog http://natasacanada150.blogspot.ca/. I will have to find a venue to show all these paintings when I finish the project!


No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails