Wednesday, January 25, 2017

#25 Lynx, Canada 150 paintings by Natasa Vretenar

I was able to prepare a lot more substrates today. Preparation is critical for the success of a project like this. First, I start with ordering the substrates (and now I have all 150 of them on hand plus a few more), then I gesso them all. The next step is to put the base layer of paint and paint the edges as well. When this base layer dries, I can start painting the subject matter.

After the painting is done, I put a protective layer on top of it (usually 2, sometime 3 layers) - I use Liquitex gloss medium and varnish. Then, I put D shaped wall hangings in the back and attach the wire. Most of the time, I do the preparation stage and finishing stage (Varnishing and hanging) in bulk, waiting to finish at least 10 paintings to do it. It sure is a lot of work, but I am excited about this project and it is satisfying to look at all the paintings that I have completed so far next to each other.


No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails