Friday, January 27, 2017

#27 Elk, Canada 150 paintings by Natasa Vretenar

My goal is to do art every single day this year. No slacking! What that means is that I have to be disciplined and do a few art related things every day as a habit - like brushing teeth or stretching. Some of the activities I am doing daily are: preparing the substrates (gesso layers, painting edges and a first layer of the paint on the substrates), finishing the substrates (varnishing with final few layers of varnish and medium from Liquitex, and putting hanging stuff on the back of paintings, signing and naming paintings on the back, and storing them away), building textures on larger substrates for future projects I am thinking of already. 
My #canada150 project is going well. It is a lot of work and I do want to speed it up a bit and finish more than one painting per day. This requires me to do a lot of prep work when everyone is sleeping at night, so I can spread all the substrates around our home.



No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails