Tuesday, January 3, 2017

#3 "Otter", Canada 150 paintings by Natasa Vretenar

I am really enjoying doing this series of paintings! It is almost like a meditation session with every painting I do. The process is quite involved and it starts with ordering special substrates from a local business "Captive Cutting" in Leduc, AB. I then gesso the blank substrates and paint the background. For a big project like this one, I like to gesso a lot of paintings together in one day. I also paint the sides of the painting. This way I always have more substrates I can work on in case I get extra painting time in my schedule or I feel particularly energetic to work on multiple paintings at the same time. 
11" diameter 3/4" thick birch plywood substrate

This challenge is  a part of a bigger project - Canada 150. I plan on painting 150 paintings inspired by Canada this year, and each painting will be $150 and available for purchase.
https://squareup.com/store/natasa-vretenars-fine-art/item/canada

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails