Friday, January 13, 2017

"Koi" Exhibit at Muttart Conservatory until February 2017

This morning I put up my "Koi" exhibit at Muttart Conservatory here in Edmonton, with a lot of help from Neil (events coordinator at Muttart) and my hubby (a big guy who needed to get an extra cup of coffee to get through this task lol). Thank you both for your help! 

Muttart Conservatory is such a beautiful place and I am humbled to be juried in to show my art. This is my second exhibit there. My "Koi" Exhibit is up at Muttart until Feb 17, 2017. So happy to be able to show in this beautiful space - especially now that the feature pyramid has a koi pond in it! My art is also in fine company of Keith Walker's "Biota" and Alex Janvier's "Circle of Life". Please visit this beautiful place if you have time. Feature pyramid is amazing as always!


Here is a rare sighting of a reclusive artist out in public. One of my goals this year is to go to more art related local events - especially in winter. There are so many things to do in Edmonton, it is really hard to pick which events to check out! I hope people can come to Muttart and see all the art on display, as well as enjoy the beautiful pyramids.


I have been working on circular substrates for a while now. Mark from Captive Cutting in Leduc makes the substrates for me and this was the first batch he made. When I got them home I just thought of bubbles and water and voila - the whole koi series was born! I think it is interesting how a different shape of the substrate, and the material of it (canvas or solid support) can influence how the finished painting looks or even how it starts!



No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails