Wednesday, February 1, 2017

#35 Walrus, Canada 150 paintings by Natasa Vretenar

Seriously, Canada has such a wonderful biodiversity. So many (tough) animals live and thrive on Canadian soil. 


I am definitely stepping up my work and am trying to finish more than one painting each day. It takes discipline and planning to do this. I have a plan for most of the paintings, and it takes a while to prep the substrates. I prepare a lot of substrates at the same time and then I have enough substrates to keep me busy for at least a week.
I am also busy with writing proposals for future projects and for juried shows. It takes a lot of time to write up a new proposal and gather all the info - most calls for artists require a specific format (especially for the photos) and formatting is what also takes a lot of time. Therefore, every proposal is a new job because every photo has to be reduced or labeled in a different way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails