Friday, May 5, 2017

Beautiful day in Edmonton

This is what is happening today in Edmonton! 28 degrees and sunshine. I am happy.

I am using this wonderful weather to put in some exercise outdoors, and work outside on a terrace. Today I had a chance to think in depth about 2 or 3 projects I had in mind for a while, but could not get to because I wanted to finish the Canada 150 project. I am excited to work on something else for a change. I really like how #canada150 project turned out and what direction it took me, but I really missed my palette knives and bigger substrates!

I am not sure if this is normal for other artists, but I find different kind of inspiration when I work on different kind of substrates. When I work on smaller substrates, I get more detail oriented, and on bigger paintings I love to paint loose. I also miss painting animals, so pretty soon I should have a few larger paintings of animals in works.

There is another project I will be working on in the next few weeks - finishing up the challenges for Let's paint NM website. It brings me a bit closer to my favourite place on Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails