Saturday, May 27, 2017

Social media break and real life

I really love Facebook and how it allowed me to get in contact with a lot of people who were once in my life (especially from ex-Yugoslavia), and I am grateful that it "introduced" me to so many wonderful artists whom I would have never even know about. However, it also became a time sink for me - spent way too much time scrolling through posts. It is time to quit cold turkey - no more posts on any social media. I will be writing here and post my new work on my blog and website regularly. 

The weather in Edmonton is great now (except for the mosquitoes) - we are spending as much time outdoors as possible. I am taking reference photos of the different spots in the ravine and getting ready for my next winter's project. I am planning to do a series of the ravine paintings.


I have been off social media for a few days only and it has been great. Being present in the moment without distractions is a wonderful thing for the mind. It is amazing how much more I accomplished - caught up on several big projects in the home, worked out more, sketched several new painting ideas etc. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails