Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Uninstructed live model drawing sessions

I have been meaning to go to the uninstructed drop in sessions at the Harcourt House for a long time, but never had time before due to kids schedules, or just being too tired to go there. Finally, I was able to go yesterday and it was a great experience. Our model was male, and there were 2, 5, 10, 18 and 60 minute poses. It was 3 hours of pure fun.

For this session I brought my sketch book and drawing pencils. I will bring along some other bigger paper in the future. It was an enjoyable and good learning experience. Drawing is good for the soul!

Here is one of my sketches (18 minute pose) from yesterday. This picture is a bit distorted with barrel distortion (taken by computer camera) but it shows what I was able to capture in a short time. The more you look at the model the more you see - small folds in the skin, how the light falls onto the body. For me it was important to be able to catch the proportions of the body and the pose as good as I could in such a short time.



Today I am putting some hanging wire on the back of the Canada 150 paintings and preparing more substrates for future projects. Prep work is time consuming but important part of the process. I am grateful that I can take care of my sick child at home today, thankfully he is getting better already.
Pollen and dust affect us more than we would like to admit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails