Monday, June 12, 2017

Horseback riding

You know when you meet someone and you just know it is not going to work out because you have an instant dislike for that person? That is what it was like with Clem. He turned his head away from me when I approached him, snorted arrogantly, and started walking away from me to get a drink of water. Unfortunately, we were stuck together, kind of like in a marriage arranged by others, and I tried to make it work. Rode him through a muddy, mosquitoey trail, gently nudging him all the way to catch up with our friends. It was all fine with little hiccups for a bit, and then he decided to be a real jerk, speeding up randomly, eating grass, stopping suddenly - to his credit he started acting up when some people spooked him while chopping wood on the side of the trail. Clem and I had our differences, but he sure gave me a good workout. Horseback riding is not for the faint of heart!
I think I may just paint you, Clem.


#Clemisajerk


No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails