Friday, June 2, 2017

Motherhood

Motherhood is a challenging job - kids change so fast and morph into different persons overnight! It is imperative to stay a step ahead of them at all times. Children have taught me a lot of things over the years and I am grateful for the lessons they provided so far.

Today is a rainy day in Edmonton. It is a great day to work on a new large painting and do some cooking.
One thing we are working on is to improve everyone's cooking skills. I used to use an egg timer (the type you put in the water and indicates when it is done with shrinking egg inside it) to hard boil eggs but it was not working anymore. Today I found a perfect method (thank you google!) to make hard boiled eggs - bring them to rolling boil from cold water, take them off the stove, cover and time for 12 minutes then drain the water! They came out perfect. I am still learning to cook and am grateful for internet :). Kids also enjoy cooking and finding recipes. For example my boy made some delicious popsicles yesterday from a made-from-scratch smoothie. They were delightful and are already gone!


No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails