Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Psyche, painting by Natasa Vretenar



 The story of Cupid and Psyche is centuries old, but is retold in countless ways in the modern times. Her story tells of dangerous curiosity, tests and punishments, and redemption through divine favor.



It may not look like it, but I put a lot of thought into these little paintings. When I do the small paintings challenge, I am more interested in putting the idea of a painting on a substrate, see how different backgrounds work for different subject matter, how colors interplay. Sometimes a good idea simply pops into my head and sometimes it slowly develops over time.

I am actually finishing up this September challenge today, a bit ahead of schedule. I have been swamped with life obligations and heading out on a mountain adventure tomorrow to catch some trees turning color. Larches should be at peak this weekend in Banff! I am excited about going to the mountains, even if it is just for a long weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails