Friday, October 6, 2017

New substrates are in, it's prepping time!


I am so excited to get my new substrates in for the next project. A local business cuts them for me (Captive Cutting) and Mark does a fantastic job (quick turnaround time and is willing to take on one of a kind projects).

 I am busy prepping the substrates for now - it will take me a week or so to get them all primed and painted with the first few layers of acrylic paint. I have a whole series planned out and some of the paintings already sketched. There is a lot of planning, sketching, doodling, changing my mind going on before I actually start another series of paintings. I also continually work on other series I started in the past (for example "Let's paint NM" challenge series). I wish there was more time in a day, but I try and do the best I can with what is available.

I have another surprise project going on - hopefully will have more info on that in the next week or so!

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails